Basic Job Description:
Apply geospatial technologies including geographic information systems (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) to agricultural production or management activities, such as pest scouting & site-specific pesticide application. May use computers to develop or analyze maps or remote sensing images to compare physical topography with data on pests or weather.
- Surveying and Mapping (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate the use and application of geospatial technology, such as Global Positioning System (GPS), geographic information systems (GIS), surveying equipment and computer mapping software.
- Produce and update overlay maps in order to show topographical features on various base maps and at different scales.
- Identify areas in need of treatment by analysing geospatial data to determine insect movement and damage patterns.
The individual must
- Be innovative with proven track record of high performance
The position is based in Thika, but involves travelling in and out of the country.
Send application and CV by 06/08/2021