The Programme Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the programme work plan, including direct supervision of up to six programme staff.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
Reporting to: Head of Programmes-Agribusiness.
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Type of Employment: Permanent
Brief on Client
Our client is a development institution that supports businesses to innovate, scale up and leverage investments to create resilience and sustainable incomes in rural and marginalized communities in Africa. It provides concessional capital, technical assistance, and support to the wider enabling environment for emergent and scaling SMEs.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the programme work plan, including direct supervision of up to six programme staff. The Programme Manager will work closely with the Head of Programmes - Agribusiness and coordinate between the organization’s teams, relevant regional and national government institutions, partner organizations, and other stakeholders to ensure the goals and milestones of the programme are realized. The position holder will lead on the technical delivery of the project and field operations support – as well as be the principal contact for all stakeholders. The incumbent will be based in Kano and will be expected to travel to the field to visit the various programme stakeholders. He/she must ensure overall employee satisfaction and productivity, to deliver strategic and operational excellence.
• Take the lead in setting up the programme office, team management and prudent execution of the programme activities in line with the approved proposal and budget, including all aspects of programme reporting to the donor.
• Lead the planning and execution – together with external consultants - of the detailed market assessment and gender-focused value chain analysis that will underpin the design of the programme including assessing the potential for synergies and partnership strategies with other programmes and agencies, i.e., women’s rights organizations, Community Based
• Organizations, training providers, etc.
• Lead planning and execution of the programme including overseeing the competition/challenge process, identifying, and shortlisting potential investible businesses and associations; conducting and coordinating operational, financial, and strategic due diligence reviews, and preparing investment memos.
• Oversee the contracting of investee companies and associations, carry out ongoing management of selected companies to achieve program goals.
• Plan and use resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) in accordance with the organization’s guidelines and delegated accountability so that objectives are achieved in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Reporting to: Head of Programmes-Agribusiness.
• Coordinate capacity needs assessments for design of technical assistance and business development service products and monitor delivery of the same.
• Undertake the capacity needs assessment (technical, financial, equipment, knowledge, etc.) of the investees and work with the Enterprise. Development team on appropriate interventions.
• Maintain productive working relationships and linkages with donors, and other development partner organizations, international organizations, government departments, private sector partners, sector leaders, etc.
• Working with the organization’s Impact team, develop and maintain results measurement plans ensuring they align with the programme objectives and theory of change.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and integration of the organization’s enterprise-wide risk framework into the programme.
• Represent the organization in relevant activities with key stakeholders in Nigeria.
• Hold a master’s degree or equivalent in business, finance, economics, agriculture, sustainable development, or related field.
• Have at least seven (7) years of experience in private sector development, sustainable finance, strengthening value chains or economic diversification industries.
• Be a recognised thought leader in gender equality and/or gender lens investing in the region and have a proven track record working with SMEs. Experience working with women-owned and managed enterprises will be essential.
• Have an ability and demonstrate experience in designing and appraising inclusive business cases.
• Have a demonstrated track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale donor funded projects.
• Be fluent in English and Hausa.
• Have experience managing gender-responsive programmes/investments.
• Have excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to prepare reports to a high level of proficiency.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills including strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and judgment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.