The successful candidate should be willing to relocate to Uganda.
The Groups android app is designed for village-based savings groups and investment clubs. The most important qualification is that the developer should be able to take on a body of work with limited direct supervision as well as be able to work under pressure. Interested developers must be a team player and be able to work in Kampala, Uganda.
Our mobile stack is Native Android and we use Java and Kotlin. Eligible hires will also need to have experience with automated testing and android best practices. Having Kotlin experience is an added advantage.
Applicants should have 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
• Android development with published apps under their belt
• Writing clean, testable and reusable code
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
• Worked with offline technologies like SQLite, Room and Realm
• Use Git and GitHub to manage source code versions
• Write tests to support high code quality
• Experience working with REST apis
• Laravel/Lumen/PHP experience is an added advantage
• Accounting experience is an added advantage