Reporting to the General Counsel, the Bi-lingual Legal Executive Assistant will perform the following functions:
• To provide and carry out a full range of office support work and in particular legal, secretarial and administrative services;
• To assist in managing schedules, appointments and office work for the Legal Department including effective prioritizing and resolving related time conflicts and competing demands;
• To assist in drafting and vetting of legal documents, agreements, treaties and conventions, including but not limited to; operational manuals, memoranda of understanding with partners, corporate shareholder agreements for an on behalf of ATI;
• To assist the Secretariat in the scheduling and management of Board and Shareholders’ Meetings;
• To draft minutes of department meetings and undertake follow-up action(s) as may be required from the meetings;
• To assist in the efficient and timely communication of information with ATI stakeholders including but not limited to Shareholders, Board, External Lawyers, Auditors and Consultants;
• To assist in the preparation and distribution of internal memos and documents to Management and staff;
• To attend to visitors, telephone calls, mail, and their follow-ups as may be necessary for the Legal Department;
• To assist the Legal Department in preparing/creating documents, letters, spreadsheets and Power Point presentations;
• To organize and maintain electronic and paper files for the Legal Department, documents relating to membership and partnerships, Board of Directors Meetings and Shareholders Meetings, legal documents, various company policy documents and case records;
• To prepare and administer for the Department with an effective bring up system on communication, engagements, travel, personnel matters and other related issues within appropriate time before due date;
• To assist in carrying out research on relevant laws, regulation, and legal articles/journals;
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Skills
• A Degree related to office management plus a certificate/diploma in legal training or any other essential training in secretarial studies or office/case management or business administration, or other relevant qualification.
• At least six (6) years of experience as an Executive Legal Assistant to Senior Management;
• Excellent and perfect written and oral communication skills in English and French and effective time management skills;
• Excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Outlook;
• Undoubted integrity, judgment and tact and ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment;
• Proven ability to be proactive, highly organised and detail-oriented;
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines;
• Proven ability to prioritize work and adapt easily by undertaking new assignments;
• Highly effective and proven skills in organizing, prioritizing, scheduling, planning and coordinating work and other related activities internally and externally;
• Ability to take instructions and work independently under limited supervision;
• Used to work in a performance driven working environment
How to Apply:
Please submit an electronic copy of the following:
• Application Letter
• CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
• Personal History Form accessed via the following link:https://www.ati-aca.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Personal-History-Form-Sept-2019.xls
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for application is Tuesday, 20th April 2021 at Midnight East African Time.
The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated under each job description. The roles requires excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.