DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
3. Chief Superintendent (Buildings) – Job Group “M” – (1 Post)
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have:
• Served in the grade of Senior Superintendent (Buildings) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/Private Sector for at least three (3) years;
• Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering or Construction Technician Certificate Part III or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Attended a Supervisory Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Show administrative ability, wide knowledge and experience in preparation of drawings and management of drawings office;
• Ability to employ computer knowledge and skills in work assignments; and
• Shown administrative ability by being conversant with `Government procedures
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting in planning of supervision programmes for large complex building projects;
• Monitoring and supervision of works in progress;
• Assisting in preparation of monthly physical progress reports of individual projects;
• Ensuring specifications and standards are adhered to during construction;
• Arranging for testing of materials;
• Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials for simple buildings on labour contracts
• Allocation of duties and supervision of staff carrying out repairs and alteration of existing building;
• Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials; and
• Control of usage of materials on site.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300