Opening Date: 11thNovemebr, 2020 Closing Date: 30th November, 2020 Background Information:
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration with the University of California, San Francisco through an NIH funded grant is setting up a new Study, SEARCH-SAPPHIRE trial, aimed at piloting HIV treatment and prevention interventions with the goal of further reducing HIV incidence following the successes recorded in the SEARCH trial. The study will be conducted in Homabay and Migori counties and has the following vacancies to be filled.
10. Position: Counseling Psychologist (2 Positions) KMR/6 Vacancy No. FN-011-11-2020
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology.
• Registration with the Kenya Counseling Psychology Association
• A valid counseling license
• Relevant work experience in the field of HIV especially with adolescents and young adults.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Conducting training to providers and patients
• Provide pre and post-test counselling to study participants
• Administer the tablet questionnaire
• Label Results card
• Fill demographic info on Results Card
• Responsible for safety of tablet and other study equipment assigned to them
• Conduct meetings and communication with local leaders and community units
• Participate in the ordering of supplies and equipment for home based counselling and testing with appropriate use of local resources when available
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Other required skills:
• Post qualification experience in conducting field research, surveys or community based activities with people living with HIV will be an added advantage.
• Strong Communication and organization skills; detail oriented
• Independent judgment and resourcefulness, understanding of the local social and geographical landscape as well as the community required
• Fluency in English, Kiswahili and Dholuo required
• Must be willing to work in rural remote settings of Suba, Mbita, Uriri & Rongo with extra hours and long distances travels.
• Computer literacy a must
• Some clinical research experience and having worked in a clinic/hospital set up preferred
• Ability to ride a motorbike (with a valid driving license) will be an added advantage.
Applications should include the following:
• A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
• A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
• Name and phone number for two professional referees
• Two letters of recommendation
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; email@example.com
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.