The CMR role is a series of short term project-based role geared to increase the reach of our innovative products and solutions. Each project will be executed for a few days to a week depending on the county. For the current project in Nakuru County, this will be a 5 day assignment including briefing, training and report writing. The role reports to the Marketing and Business Development Officer (MBDO).
The project will involve visiting a pre-determined list of outlets to be given by the company, list a given list of company products/services and take orders. The CMR will also identify a shorter list of additional outlets. The CMR will learn and explain our products to the clients and refer clients back to her line manager where more specialist knowledge is needed. The CMR will also issue customers with basic promotional materials where availed and introduce clients to our social media and website ordering services.
- The CMR should be trained or currently training in sales, marketing or market research, preferably with a Diploma or Degree or currently a final year student in the above areas looking for opportunities to gain experience.
- Prior experience in listing products, market research, in selling electronic goods, or qualifications in electronics or telecommunications engineering subjects will be an added advantage but are not pre-requisites.
- The successful candidate will currently be located in Nakuru or able to locate him/herself there for at least 1 week, and already familiar with or able to quickly learn their way around the city.
Skills & Competencies
The CMR will possess the following skills & competencies:-
- Strong Interpersonal skills with strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Business awareness
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and drive
The successful candidate will be remunerated at Ksh 10,000 gross upon successful completion of this assignment. Successful completion of one exercise will increase the chances of a candidate being selected for similar work in other counties.