Reports to: OPERATIONS MANAGER
• In charge of all transit cargo to endure accurate estimations and smooth transit to cargo’s destination.
• Execute and help declaration staff be knowledgable and updated on all declaration matters and procedures in the ICMS, Kentrade and Simba systems.
• Making entries in the systems (ICMS,SIMBA, KENTRADE) for clearance purposes
• Advise junior declarants on the right systems to used based on the boarder entry
• Consult with various boarders on processes and systems per time for transit cargo
• Supervise all declaration staff and all declaration work
Education & Experience
• EACFFP Certification
• Knowledge in all the systems used for customs clearance in Kenya is A MUST
• 10 years relevant work Experience, 3 of which are managerial level
• Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft word and excel
• Driving skills
• Knowledge of documentation requirements
• Must have the ability to coordinate staff, create and execute work plans and action plans for the department as well as individual staff.
• Must know how to drive
• Must be willing to travel out of Nairobi to solve issues at the port or boarder when need arises.
• Is resourceful and has a good network of suppliers
• Have excellent negotiating skills
• An overall professional and positive attitude
• Good interpersonal relations, communication skills and possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
• Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & exports as well as knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya as well as the East African Community.