The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the depot and the promotion of sales in the area. The primary focus of a Depot Sales Manager (DSM) is to assist in the increase of net sales of the company in the area. He/she must liaise with customers and prospective customers to ensure that their needs are met and that a high-quality service is maintained. Must be Punjabi/ Gujarati/ Hindi speaking.
• Assist in the increase of net sales of the company in their respective area.
• Liaise with customers and prospective customers to ensure that their needs are met & that a high-quality service is maintained.
• Ensuring the timely and precise administration function within the depot.
• Assisting in all staffing matters in the depot, including but not limited to recruitment, training, disciplinary and grievances procedures.
• Ensuring that a capable workforce is always available.
• Responsible for stock levels, correct management of ordering, billing, returns and adjustments to standing orders. Ensuring stock levels meet but do not exceed the customer’s requirements.
• Ensuring the management and maintenance of the fleet and ensuring that all deliveries are made on time and that all applicable safety and operational matters are met.
• Consultation with the Finance Department, for follow up on customer payments to ensure that payments are made on time and in accordance with Company policy.
• Ensure that the company premises are maintained in accordance with company requirements and in line with applicable safety legislation.
• Reporting Accurate reporting of operational matters as required by Senior Management.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in a Business-related course.
• Must understand the marketplace and the Agriculture inputs industry
• Knowledge in Invoicing, GRN, DO, Bin-card, FIFO Stock Movements.
• Team player Analytical thinking skills.
• Must be Punjabi/ Gujarati/ Hindi speaking.
• Ability to participate and contribute to constructive debate re sales strategies and direction.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nakuru, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th September 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***