DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL PLANNING, LANDS AND HOUSING
1. Director Lands, Job Group R – (1 Post)
Duties and responsibilities
• Formulation of strategies and methodologies,
• Promotion of appropriate technologies;
• Organizing surveys;
• Developing effective measures for improving the quality of services,
• Coordinating review of departmental/directorates legislations and standards;
• Promoting participatory approaches in service delivery process;
• Coordinating implementation of national and relevant international resolutions and recommendations.
• Coordinating with the directorates in the compilation of the following reports;
Annual departmental work plans; programmes and projects reports;
• Procurement plan; revenue and expenditure returns,
• Monitoring and evaluation of the departmental programmes. Guidance, supervision and development of staff.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must;
• Served in the grade of Deputy Director Lands Job Group Q for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public Service for a minimum period of ten (10) years;
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Land Economics, Building Economics, Building/Construction Management, Real Estate , Land Management, Land Surveying, Geomatic Engineering, Geospatial Information, Geo-Informatics, Urban & Regional Planning or equivalent qualification from a recognized University;
• Registration by any of the following bodies: Board of Registration of Quantity Surveyors, Institution of Surveyors of Kenya, Physical Planners Registration Board, Valuers Registration Board, or any other relevant and recognized professional body;
• Attended Senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
• In addition possess a Master’s degree in any of the following: Housing Administration, Urban Management, Urban/Regional Planning, Valuation and Property Management, Land Economics, Building Economics, Estate Management, Architecture, Interior Design, Land Surveying, Geomatic Engineering, Geospatial Information, Geo-
Informatics, Building/Construction/Project Management, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Have worked in Physical Planning, Lands & Housing Sectors in a senior managerial position for a period not less than five (5) years.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300