Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:3 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SERVICES, PUBLIC HEALTH & SANITATION.
2. Director of Medical Services ~ KSM/CPSB/02/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership in the implementation of a strategic plan which is linked to the Department of Health and National Health Plans;
• Develop and implement medical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols;
• Coordinate emergency response and clinical care; and
• Monitor and Evaluate activities against quality standards and respond.
• Lead the development of Annual Work Plans;
• Supervise the implementation of the existing quality assurance systems provided to monitor the quality of service, investigating of incidents/complaints in the hospitals and health facilities
• Lead the management of clinical audits, promoting and quality assurance issues
• including multidisciplinary audit and quality initiatives;
• Coordinate the training, coaching and mentoring of health personnel;
• Ensure that staff comply with the clinical and rehabilitative quality assurance guidelines;
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the chief officer in charge of the department
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Must have served in the grade of Deputy Director of Medical Services/Medical Specialist I, Job Group, CPSB 04 (“Q”) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Ability to design and conduct operations, research, analyse and utilize research findings in planning activities to improve service delivery;
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6)weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Demonstrate a good understanding of the County Government’s mandate on Health,
• National health policies, and Kenya’s vision 2030.
• Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the National Values and Principles of Public Service, Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 10 and 232.
• Have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Masters’ degree in the relevant medical field from a university recognized in Kenya,
• Be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board and possess a valid practicing license;
• Have capacity to undertake multiple tasks within strict timelines;
• Possess strategic and analytical skills with a deep understanding of the strategic and operational challenges of the health sector at County and National levels;
• Have analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine health status of patients and implement proper care plan;
• Interpersonal skills necessary to interview, teach and counsel patients; instruct health care personnel on procedures and treatment;
• Membership of a professional body/association in good standing
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured