Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:3 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SERVICES, PUBLIC HEALTH & SANITATION.
3 Director of Public Health and Sanitation ~ KSM/CPSB/03/11/2022.
Duties and responsibilities
• Implement policy on safe management of healthcare waste;
• Coordinate all public health and sanitation health services and projects within the County;
• Monitoring and evaluation of public health projects and programmes to ensure that their delivery is within the required public health standard;
• Provide technical advice on Public Health matters to both CECM and Chief Officer Health Services;
• Provide leadership in service delivery in the following areas; Public Health,
• Reproductive Health, New-born, Child, and Adolescent Health, Vaccines and Immunization, Nutrition and Dietetics, Community Strategy, Disease Surveillance among others.
• Ensure the Implementation and Compliance of Cap 242 Laws of Kenya and any other Legislations on Public Health;
• Develop and implement policies, guidelines, budgetary plans, strategies, programs, standards and procedures in the area of promotive, preventive and environmental health programmes.
• Lead in the development and implementation of Strategic Plans as linked to Vision 2030 and Health Sector goals;
• Ensure notification of infectious diseases and administration of Quarantine for infectious diseases;
• Coordinate Preventive health programs including vector control, malaria, HIV/AIDS, TB;
• Coordinate Public Health Research and Innovations;
• Coordination of Health Partners and other Private Partnership (under Public Health);
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the chief officer in charge of the department
Requirements for Appointment
• Must have served in the grade of Deputy Director, Public Health, Job Group CPSB 04 (“Q”) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Have capacity to undertake multiple tasks within strict timelines;
• Possess strategic and analytical skills with a deep understanding of the strategic and operational challenges of the health sector in the county and the country;
• Have the ability to design and conduct operations, research, analyse and utilize research findings in planning activities to improve service delivery;
• Possession of Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of the County Government’s mandate, health policies, vision, mission, as well as vision 2030.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in either Environmental Health or Public Health or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Possess a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Health, Public Health, Epidemiology, Food Safety and Quality, Food Science and Technology,
• Community Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Health Promotion and Education, Solid Waste Management or Disaster Management from a recognized institution;
• Must be registered and have a valid practicing license from Public Health and Technicians Council (PHTC);
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured