Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF TRADE, TOURISM, INDUSTRY & MARKETING.
3. Director Tourism and Industry - KSM/ CPSB/10/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate the implementation of tourism policies, strategies, programs and projects;
• Overseeing developing and implementation of the directorate’s budget.
• Co-ordinate the implementation and review of county tourism policies and strategies
• Overall planning, direction, supervision and performance management of all employees of the county directorate of tourism and Industry
• Undertaking tourism research and maintaining a depository of all data and information on tourism and tourism industry players within the County
• Maintain necessary linkages between the directorate and other stakeholders
• Promotion of domestic tourism in the county;
• Providing linkages to finance, markets, resource efficiency and cleaner production technology suppliers, Research and Development findings, quality assurance, and
• intellectual property protection.
• Identifying potential investors in specific industrial sectors in the County
• Disseminating industrial information to stakeholders
• Identifying and Documenting indigenous technologies and entrepreneurs
• Undertaking monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of Industrial projects/programmes.
• Undertaking benchmarking surveys and supporting the rehabilitation of industries;
Requirements for Appointment
• Bea Kenyan citizen
• Served for a cumulative period of five (5) years, there (3) years of which should have been in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Tourism and Industries and above or in a relevant and comparable position in the public service or private sector.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Tourism, Tourism Management, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Eco-Tourism, Hotel and Institutional Management and Information Technology, Environmental Studies, Travel and Tour Operations Management, Travel and Tourism Management, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Sociology, Business Administration, Commerce (Marketing Option) or International Relations from a university recognized in Kenya,
• Master’s Degree in from a relevant field recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
• Certificate in any of the following fields: project Planning, Project Appraisal, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Entrepreneurship, Public Policy Analysis, Small, Enterprises
• Policy and Promotion, Business Development.
• Demonstrated professional competence, managerial and administrative capability in work performance and results; and
• Thorough knowledge of the county’s economic development strategies, policies and programme
• A clear understanding of the overall County goals, policies and development objectives and ability to translate them in to Tourism and Industry Policies and Programmes
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured