Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF TRADE, TOURISM, INDUSTRY & MARKETING.
2. Director Trade, Marketing & Cooperatives ~ KSM/CPSB/09/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supporting the chief officer with the enhancement of trade cooperation with public and private sector stakeholders across the County.
• Ensure management and administration of trade and business development services;
• Advises on issues relating to Trade, Marketing and Cooperatives in the county;
• Offer leadership in conducting research on trade and related issues for the county;
• Develop training proposals on trade development,
• Market the county as an investment destination;
• Monitor and evaluate trade development projects and programmes,
• Development of SME’s engaged in trade;
• Collect, analyse and disseminate business information and management of county business information centres;
• Promoting of export business and domesticating inter-county regional and international trade at county level;
• Organize outreach activities and networking with trade related agencies,
• Day to day operation of county loans scheme.
• Coordinate preparation of divisional work plans, setting performance targets and budget estimates for the department and guiding and supervising staff, and
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as shall be delegated from time to time.
• Building in-depth understanding of the trade environment and strategic enablers as well as bottlenecks for effective trade within the County. Providing technical advice on co-operatives and Marketing investments and advisory services;
• Developing and ensuring implementation of policies;
• Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
• Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings,
• Promoting value addition and processing;
• Conducting co-operative banking inspections;
• Undertaking co-operative risk assessment;
• Developing new financial products, new credit policies and other co-operative ventures;
• Designing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of cooperatives and
• Marketing activities, programmes and policies;
• Preparing and validating registration and deregistration of co-operative societies ‘documents;
• Monitoring co-operatives and Marketing liquidation process;
• Developing education and training packages for the co-operative movement;
• Providing technical advice on co-operatives and Marketing investments and advisory services;
• Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
• Be responsible for staff supervision, development and appraisal; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Officer of the department.
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or private sector for a minimum period of ten (10) years;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; ~ Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Co-operative Management,
• Marketing, Entrepreneurship, International Trade/Business/ Relations, Management and Organizational Development, Accounting, Finance, Agribusiness or any related
• field from a recognized institution;
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Marketing, Business administration, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, International —
• trade/business/relations, Entrepreneurship, Co-operative Management, Accounting, Finance or any related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of county/National goals, policies and development objectives and the ability to translate them into trade development programs/ projects.
• Be in possession of a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies,
• objectives and ability to relate them to the Co-operative Development and Marketing function.
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured