Note: Candidates based in Nakuru are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a patient, enthusiastic Driving Instructor to teach our students according to the NTSA curriculum.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driving license for the level at which you will be teaching.
- Valid NTSA Instructor's license or certification.
- Proven experience as a Driving Instructor.
- Clear driving record.
- Clear criminal record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Patience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
The Driving Instructor's responsibilities include:
• Provide theoretical and applied training that aims to develop students' driving abilities.
• Driving Instructors should teach students to drive regular or commercial vehicles.
• Planning and delivering lessons that promote students' theoretical and applied driving skills.
• To be successful as a Driving Instructor, you should maintain excellent communication with students at all times.
• Meet targets set by the driving school.
• Preparing lessons that are tailored to students' needs.
• Providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations.
• Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of driving.
• Helping students to develop confidence in their driving skills.
• Gaining control of the vehicle during emergency situations.
• Calming students who are in distress.
• Documenting and reporting on students' progress.
• Informing students when they are ready to take the driver's test.
• Reporting all accidents to the Head of the driving school.