Givewater Ltd is looking for an experienced international managing director who wants to get in at the ground floor of an innovative organization that is changing the way we create access to clean water. Key responsibilities include leading technical project development, overseeing day-to-day operations, building a B2C distribution network, and fundraising. Successful candidates should have experience doing business in Kenya, a track-record raising money from international investors, experience in the desalination and renewable energy sectors both in Kenya and internationally, and a robust network of investor contacts.
- Build and train a Kenyan management team.Raise project capital to finance construction of new RO projects.
- Develop a pipeline of new RO projects.
- Grow the company’s last-mile distribution capabilities.
- Lead the company’s day-to-day operations.
- Establish industry partnerships necessary to advance our mission.
- Identify and pitch international impact investors.
- Analyze investments in new projects.
- Advanced financial modeling skills.
- MSc finance or economics.
- 5+ years business development and management experience.
- 5+ years renewable energy experience.
- Experience working in Kenya.
- Start date: September 1st 2020.
- Travel: Regular travel to North America & Europe.
Who We Are
Givewater Ltd is a social enterprise dedicated to providing consistent access to safe, clean water at an affordable price. Our solar-powered systems purify water using reverse osmosis technology. We currently operate in Lamu and Mombasa counties. Formed in 2019, the company is registered in Kenya.