The warehouse consists of diverse equipment’s and supplies for UN as below:
- Engineering warehouse
- Transport warehouse
- General Supplies warehouse
- I.T warehouse
- Medical supplies warehouse
In addition, our client is in charge of Yard Management and inventory planning management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The inventory manager, is required to lead, plan, improve and collaborate with cross-functional internal and external teams to align the inventory levels and furthermore to identify process improvements in inventory.
- The position entails managing, directing and coordinating all activities of the inventory operations with the aim of obtaining optimum efficiency & manage inventory levels to meet client goals. The inventory manager will report directly to Project Manager.
- Thoroughly review, familiarize and understand existing client inventory structure (Master file) as well as the physical products. Thereafter develop inventory control policies and procedures enhancing program efficacy.
- Prepare and develop inventory management plans to support the project.
- Develop inventory control policies and procedures enhancing program efficacy.
- Inventory planning of all product lines for the client. Entails planning inventory, assist in processing orders accurately and coordinate the flow of work to meet delivery expectations of clients.
- Reflect and documents all demand changes in the client planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in inventory records, item usage history, and forecasting files.
- Analysis and co-ordination of all activities pertaining to the master file.
- Coordinates activities using a SAP Inventory Management system to track inventory, monitor processes and maintain accurate inventory control records.
- Monitors inventory transactions occurring daily during standard inventory planning processes and makes applicable adjustments.
- Reviews on-hand inventory in all SAP storage locations to ensure accurate counts and inventory turns.
- Investigates inventory discrepancies and determines the root cause of inventory variances including solutions.
- Provided timely and detail-oriented action to resolve notifications processing, receiving and inventory issues thar arise on a day to day basis.
- Develop cycle count procedure and consistently attain 99% inventory record accuracy including Increased customer order fulfilment rate.
- Conducts scheduled cycle counts on client goods at the various warehouses to ensure inventory accuracy within a perpetual inventory system and to correct mismatch between the physical and WMS.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy; investigate & reconcile discrepancies & negatives.
- Prepares reports and recommends options for aged or slow-moving materials.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, analysis and recommending suggestions for improving efficiency.
- Prepares the inventory management work plan, and monitor performance of inventory planning staff as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Actively manage staff performance and foster SAP training that enhance and develop the inventory planning teams in Mogadishu and the sectors.
- Establish an internal reporting system, monthly updates, and regular progress reports and daily monitoring of inventory across the locations and in close liaison with the Project Manager and warehouse manager.
Technical Competencies (Mandatory Criteria)
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use pivot tables, V-Lookups.
- Experience with SAP (Provide SAP super user certificate) Mandatory* 7+ years plus working experience with SAP.
- Warehouse and Inventory management, cycle counting, physical inventory, stock transport orders (STOs), transfer orders, individual and collective material items, consignment inventory, replenishment.
- At least 6 years’ experience in managing Inventory SAP based projects preferably in SAP Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Purchasing, Vendor Management, Inventory Management and Warehouse management.
- Experience with lean principles and methodologies
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Comfortable in a continuous improvement environment.
- Creative and analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.