JOB LOCATION – NYAMIRA COUNTY
Duties & Responsibilities
• Collect and perform laboratory examination of samples in aid in diagnosis of disease and present results as requested by the clinician.
• Ensuring that the laboratory is dully registered and that your Laboratory Certificate is up to date always
• Documenting and receiving laboratory samples for analysis
• Report and deliver the results of the findings to Chief Clinical Officer/Clinical Officer /Nurse.
• Operate the medical laboratory as per the medical laboratory and Technologist act.
• Cleaning and sterilizing laboratory glass ware, surfaces, and equipment
• Preparing laboratory reagents; carrying out chemical/microbiological analysis on samples
• Preparing cultures of tissue samples
• Collecting and studying blood and other samples to determine morphology
• Chemically analyzing blood or urine for toxic components
• Analyzing laboratory reports for accuracy
• Maintaining patient confidence and protecting the hospital by keeping information confidential
• Maintaining quality control laboratory measures while ensuring promotion of health and safety rules always
• Maintaining the laboratory records as required by statutory and regulatory authorities
Qualifications & Experiences
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
• Be a registered member of KMLTTB
• Certificate in computer applications
• At least five (5) years’ relevant experience