This position requires one to ensure excellent health care for all children at Naomi’s village through provision of promotive, preventive and curative health care and through referral where necessary
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Duties will include:
1. Get reports on general and specific wellbeing of all the children. Walk in the dormitories to see all the children who are there for any health concerns,
2. Liaise with the children’s mum/supervisor and specific children on their individual medical care and follow up,
3. Every Monday, plan and prepare medications for the 8 children who are on regular medicines for chronic illnesses. Ensure child’s mum/supervisor confirms the medications
4. Every day, check on the medication signup sheets to confirm the medicines are given as prescribed,
5. Work with the dorm parents to develop a general cleaning schedule for curtains, carpets, linen as a preventive measure for communicable diseases,
6. In all meals provided, check to ensure they are of nutritious value. Follow with catering department where improvement and changes in the meals as required,
7. Check in the infirmary for the medications and ensure all the basic drugs are available to include all medical supplies,
8. Liaise with the different hospitals and take children for hospital visits as per their appointments and when need arises for each of them,
9. Every 3 months, give all children deworming medicines,
10. Keep up with the public health updates in relation to vaccination or any other health related matters,
11. Every 3 months, conduct an infirmary inventory and procure medicines and medical supplies as necessary,
12. Once in a while, train staff on HIV/AIDS and nutrition and any other topic as deemed necessary,
13. Prepare quarterly work plans and budgets as per the organization guidelines,
14. Participate in parenting of the 91 children at Naomi’s Village,
15. Liaise with CPA regarding the health of the NV children while at school,
16. Plan to work with the public health nurse for capacity building within the health sector,
17. Research on and keep up to date on health care emerging issues and their management.
• KRCHN (Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse) or KRN (Kenya Registered Nurse),
• Valid NCK practicing license,
• Over 3 Years working experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured