Daktari Africa is looking for a pharmacist to be based at one of their clinics in Thika Town.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Dispense prescriptions accurately.
• Communicate with prescribers any time a prescription order is unclear or potentially harmful for a patient.
• Ensure patients’ safety by checking for potentially dangerous drug interactions.
• Counsel patients on proper medication use and their potential side effects
• Giving drug information to user departments
• Checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level
• Anticipating needed medications and supplies and placing and receiving orders from suppliers.
• Collecting data on Medication errors, near misses and interventions and submitting on a monthly basis.
• Perform administrative tasks including proper documentation, adequate inventory management and generation of adequate reports
• Ensure that the set pharmacy sales targets are met without fail
• Ensure that the set profit margin targets are met without fail
• Liaise with the Administrative Assistant to ensure that our clients are adequately supplied with the prescribed drugs at all times
• Setting and enforcing workplace policies
• Keep up to date on drug approvals, product recalls and ensure compliance with regulatory authority.
• Inform doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers about new medications and drug therapy protocols.
• Make suggestions in how to expand our services within Thika
• Keep a clear account of drugs bought and sold in the prescribed register
• Pharmacy data updates on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Ensure order and cleanliness in the pharmacy;
• Assist with taking vital signs of the patients;
• Assist with carrying out of ECGs;
• Participate in and carry out research as may be required from time to time
• Communicate with patients and doctors on clinic matters
• Plan, organize and coordinate TIC/DA’s Continuous Medical Education Programs
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time
1. Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy
2. Valid and available Pharmacy Practice Licence
3. Years of experience - minimum 3 years post internship
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured