At least a Bachelor Degree in Education or a Technical Skill, and a Master’s Degree in a relevant managerial skill.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is seeking committed and passionate individuals seeking to serve marginalised youth in Siaya County as a Principal of the Rarieda Training and Resource Center.
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organization that works in Rarieda sub-County, Siaya County, Kenya. RWMT’s mission is to empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their communities. RWMT’s focus on the most vulnerable children and youth has led it to adopt a holistic approach to development as needs are interdependent. In addition to programs being implemented in the communities, RWMT founded and developed the Rarieda Training & Resource Centre (RTRC) in 2011.
The role of Principal for the RTRC is to develop and oversee the management of the RTRC to be a center of excellence in line with the RTRC Strategic Plan. Leads both the skills training and business teams in line with approved curriculum and project standards. Guided by the RTRC Strategic Plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development of Training Activities
- Develops a creative and comprehensive plan to market and grow RTRC training programs; leads outreach, networking and awareness-creation initiatives amongst the staff, community, and with partners and stakeholders.
- In partnership with the Deputy Principal, monitors the training process including development of lesson plans by instructors, delivery processes and related activities.
- Develops new market-driven training programs in collaboration with Deputy Principal
- Ensures overall management of data to include student records and family profiles of sponsored students
- Ensures data on agriculture productivity is recorded as well as the library and other assets
- work together with the Business Development Manager to maintain and ensure compliance to meet annual RTRC registrations, renewals, testing center and other regulatory requirements.
Maintenance of Equipment & Buildings
- Implements RWMT policies that are geared towards ensuring security of material, equipment and buildings including boarding facilities.
- In partnership with the Deputy Principal, ensures instructors carry out regular maintenance of machines and equipment, and report any needed building repairs.
- Chairs internal DOSH Committee to ensure both RTRC and RWMT comply with all workplace safety and health issues, including water and sanitation.
Partnership, Networking and Collaboration
- Ensures strong partnerships between RTRC, the government, business and corporate enterprises as well as with other relevant partners.
- Represents the organization in any relevant stakeholders’ meetings.
- Ensures that the organization upholds the government’s policies and procedures of providing quality Technical Education Services.
- Supports the Executive Director in liaising with all relevant prime partners for the technical training program
RWMT Values and Ethics
- Ensures compliance with RTRC and RWMT policies, values and principles by staff, students under training, boarding students and their caregivers.
- Protects and helps to build the reputation of RTRC in the community.
- Prepares and reviews regularly the RTRC Annual Budget and Workplan. Reports variances from budget as required by Finance and the Executive Director.
- Provides monthly production, training and program reports in pre-developed formats to Overseas RTRC operations and RTRC boarding to ensure that RTRC is well-organized and runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
Governance and Management
- Develop, implement, monitor and review the RTRC Strategic Plan. Also develop programs in line with the RTRC Strategic Plan relevantly and ensures effective monitoring of all activities undertaken.
- Oversees timely performance appraisal process of relevant staff members under their supervision.
- Provides timely advice to the Executive Director on issues likely to affect/impact project implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
a) Level of education: At least a Bachelor Degree in Education or a Technical Skill, and a Master’s Degree in a relevant managerial skill.
b) Specialized training/professional qualifications:
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary TVET institution
- Heading a training institution recognized by the government
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel and software for work plans
- Proven ability to market a training organization to prospective students and their guardians
c) Work experience:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in staff supervision and management in post- secondary education or the technical training sector.
- At least five (5) years’ experience teaching a trade.
- Experience in curriculum development specific to trade courses.
- Experience in handling/delivering donor projects
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.