Title: Procurement Officer
We are looking for experienced Procurement Officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer's responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a Procurement Officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top Procurement Officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
Objectives of the Job
• Support operational requirements
• Manage the procurement process and the supply base efficiently and effectively
• Develop strong relationship with organizations’ stakeholders
• Support organizations goals and objectives
• Ensure that procurement follows the five (5) R
- - Right quality
- - Right Time
- - Right source
- - Right quantity
- - Right price
• A university degree in Supply management/Business administration/Contract management
• A master degree will be an added advantage
• Experience Four years in professional experience related to retail industry
Skills and Competency Mix Requirements
• Superior mathematical skills
• Leadership skills and experience
• Strong knowledge in procurement process, policies and systems
• Understanding of data privacy standards
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal in Somali, English and Arabic
• Public speaking skills
• Proficient computer skills, such as Microsoft office (Eg: Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Accurate and precise attention to details
• Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Critical thinking skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department
• Preparing plans for the purchase of Assets and inventory products required by the Company
• Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures
• Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records
• Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
• Liaise with Sales department and Inventory/Distribution department to know and understand the priority of products to be purchased
• Examine and test existing contracts
• Develop, track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications of the assets and products and the expectations of the company
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
• Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports
• Directly confirm from the suppliers any quotations received internally and directly communicate with them if required
• Weekly report on the products and assets purchased by the Company this should include quantity, description, unit price, total price, weather paid or not, if paid, form of payment
• Weekly report on Assets and products to be purchased by the coming week
• Monthly report comparing budget against actual any favourable and unfavourable differences should be explained in to the report
• Weekly list of vendors that their contract will expire with in six (6) months’ time, if applicable
• Monthly report on the trend of the customers and any recommendations for products and services to include.
• Weekly list of vendors that has been in contacted during the week, the products they offer, the price that we can get for each product and the progress of the negotiation.