CureCervicalCancer (CCC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the early detection and prevention of cervical cancer. We are an international organization with a focus on preventing cervical cancer in LMICs (low-and middle-income countries).
Our innovative and community-driven model includes facility-based service delivery, community outreach/education, and local/national advocacy. We aim to achieve long-term sustainability by building local capacity.
Since 2013, CureCervicalCancer’s programs have screened over 160,000 women, treated 8,500+, trained 650+ healthcare professionals and 170+ community health volunteers, and established 100+ sustainable “See & Treat” clinics. Our programs span 10 different countries including China, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Haiti, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Vietnam.
To learn more about our organization, please visit www.curecervicalcancer.org.
CureCervicalCancer (CCC) is seeking a full-time Program Manager who will be responsible for managing our Kenya programs with 70% time dedicated to overseeing our new program, the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Testing & Treatment Mobile Clinic. Launched in October 2021 in Kisumu, Kenya, this mobile clinic is the first of its kind to bring HPV testing and treatment directly into the community. As part of this intervention, CCC will conduct rigorous studies to establish baseline data and to evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention.
Women are mobilized by Community Health volunteers and are met by a team of trained healthcare providers. Our mobile laboratory is equipped with a portable PCR testing unit providing women with their HPV test results on the same day. The program aims to test 60,000 women in Kisumu County by 2024.
This cross-functional role will contribute to strategy/operations, field implementation, and monitoring/evaluation of the program. This is a full-time position and the ideal candidate will be based in Kisumu, Kenya. Candidates based in other areas of Kenya will also be considered with the expectation of frequent and extensive travel to Kisumu.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Reporting directly to CureCervicalCancer’s US-based Program Director, the Program Manager will work closely with both the Kenyan-based CureCervicalCancer team and local Kenyan partners to deliver on the following responsibilities:
1) Strategy/Operations/Program Development
- Provide overall leadership and management to CureCervicalCancer Kenya programs
- Support the overall implementation and day to day operations of the CCC Kenya programs including planning/coordinating, providing technical support and field supervision to the implementing team, reporting, financial oversight and monitoring/evaluation
- Work closely with MOH and Kisumu County Health Department to ensure cooperation as well as integration with national and county health and development plans, priorities, systems and service delivery structures
- In close collaboration with the CCC Program Director and Data Officer, oversee the implementation, sampling, tool development, data collection and quality assurance of research studies
- Support in planning, organizing and conducting trainings and capacity building initiatives for all program related individuals including healthcare providers, Community Health Assistants, and Community Health Volunteers to support implementation of project activities
- Assist in developing and standardizing programmatic tools and materials including: Standard Operating Procedures; Educational and Training Materials; Program Evaluations and Reports; IEC materials
- Work with the implementing team and Program Director to plan, construct and manage program budgets. Coordinate and oversee petty cash requirements, ensuring all required paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage supply inventory, ordering, and distribution of supplies. Facilitate the importation process of international supplies when necessary
- Support the growth of the local implementing team through mentoring, supervision, feedback, identification and promotion of professional development opportunities for team members
- Ensure technical rigor of program data collection, management, analysis and reporting. Collaborate with the Data Officer and Program Director to improve the quality of dashboards and reports, ensuring that they are evolving with the program
- Participate in routine monitoring of mobile clinics (up to twice weekly) and facility visits (twice per month) to identify gaps in quality assurance and ensure program goals are achieved. As needed, provide Kenyan-based CureCervicalCancer team with onsite supervision and support during mobile clinic outreaches
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of program activities to identify gaps and challenges that should be taken into account in order to develop and implement more innovative and integrated programming
- Contribute to the analysis of research data, interpretation of results and writing of manuscripts
3) Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Liaise with county and national governments, donors, NGOs, and other operational partners in Kenya via attendance at meetings, Task Working Groups, consultations, and other forums with the objective of raising public awareness of CureCervicalCancer, identifying and building upon opportunities for collaboration that align with CCC’s goals;
- Strengthen relationships with key players at community level, escalating critical issues to appropriate stakeholders to promptly address program challenges
- Ideally public health background with minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in global health sector
- Prior experience in implementing field-based programs that require community entry
- Prior international experience and/or demonstrated grasp of the challenges surrounding project delivery in developing countries
- Experience in program management, project cycle management, strategy development, planning, and project implementation
- Successful team or project lead experience with the ability to successfully motivate a team to accomplish the goals of the organization
- Problem solver that can quickly initiate thoughtful solutions and thrives in an autonomous work environment yet can collaborate effectively as a team player
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure
- Strong written skills and ability to communicate/present effectively in front of stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Office and basic social media sites, and able to learn new technology quickly.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data collection, review, analysis, and reporting is essential
- Deep-seated passion for the work & mission of CureCervicalCancer
- Flexibility to travel to Kisumu, Kenya for up to 6 weeks at a time
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in Kenya
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample on a topic of your choice to info@curecervicalcancer