Manage the overall technical program planning, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of field activities.
- Minimum Qualification: Masters
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is seeking committed and passionate individuals seeking to serve marginalized youth in Siaya County as a Program Manager.
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organization that works in Rarieda sub-County, Siaya County, Kenya. RWMT’s mission is to empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their communities. RWMT’s focus on the most vulnerable children and youth has led it to adopt a holistic approach to development as needs are interdependent. In addition to programs being implemented in the communities, RWMT founded and developed the Rarieda Training & Resource Centre (RTRC) in 2011.
The Programs Manager is responsible for effective and efficient program development, implementation, monitoring quality services and management of RWMT projects in all the target geographic areas. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director (ED) to articulate program Policies and Guidelines and influence roll-out of the same. As a team leader, s/he will provide technical and programmatic oversight for all projects and is responsible for the implementation of all project activities in the community, prudent management of resources, maintenance of healthy relationships with donors and stakeholders, creation and maintenance of an enabling working environment for team members, and ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
The Programs Manager is responsible for initiating and coordinating fundraising initiatives and has overall oversight and coordination of donor engagement and all fundraising and proposal writing. S/he will use an entrepreneurial approach in working with staff in the Programs, Finance and M&E(monitoring and evaluation) departments to develop and submit high quality institutional and high value donor funded proposals that are aligned with defined beneficiary community priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Implementation : overall responsible of all project and initiative success project cycle management through the supervision, management and coaching of project coordinators.
- Manage the overall technical program planning, implementation, quality assurance and monitoring of field activities.
- Ensure that program implementation activities are undertaken in accordance with terms and conditions stipulated in funding contracts.
- Coaching and manage direct staff and ensure a culture of learning and mutual support
Resource Mobilization : Ensure all projects and initiatives are fully funded and engage team in developing a solid funding pipeline
- Ensure that programs and projects have adequate funding by spearheading proposal development efforts and ensuring efficient coordination with teams and the submission of high quality grant proposals in line with the organization’s thematic areas
- Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate monthly reports for management’s strategic decisions
- Engage in donor relationship management to ensure donor retention and upgrades while capturing new development partners
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MEAL) and Quality Assurance: ensure constant learning, measurement and evaluation of programs so that impact is measured and programs constant improved
- Supervise and coordinate the development of MEAL systems, including procedures, guidelines, processes, and tools
- Contribute to organizational learning through facilitating the documentation and dissemination of case studies, best practices and lessons learnt in program implementation, supporting specific analysis and reporting
- Ensure high standards are achieved in the design and implementation of all programs and projects and they uphold RWMT’s values, strategies, and guidelines.
Relationship Management: Build effective partnerships and productive working relationships with government institutions, Donors, NGOs, and private sector organizations operating in the County as well as local communities, schools, and religious organizations in line with RWMT’s strategic plan
Governance and Management
- Participate as a member of the organizations Senior Management team
- Facilitate periodic review of Program policies, systems and procedures
- Provide timely advice to the Management Team and the Director on issues likely to affect/impact project implementation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
a. Level of Education: At least a Masters’ Degree in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Community Development, Social Sciences, Sociology, Public Health, or any other relevant fields and Post graduate diploma in project management, monitoring and evaluation or development studies, or any other related field.
b. Other skills and competencies
- Knowledge of grant management, monitoring and evaluation practices
- Experience with and knowledge of current approaches to MEAL in donor funded programs
- Strong ability to identify the needed analysis for both program efficiency and reporting
- Excellent understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision-making
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused and organized, and works well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with local community leaders and members, government officials and staff
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills
- Should possess strong communication (written and oral), negotiation, and administration skills.
- Good knowledge of financial management including budgeting and budget management.
c. Job experience: At least seven (7) years in a senior management position in a development organization. Work experience in economic empowerment and HIV/AIDS programs is an added advantage.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.