3. Registered Clinical Officer III - V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES/03/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 2
Reports To: The facility in-charge, head of departments in collaboration with Sub County program Coordinators / Officers.
Duty station: Nyakach County Hospital and Kisumu County Hospital Terms of Employment: 8 months' Contract
Gross Salary: sh. 50,423 per month.
• KCSE Certificate with a mean grade of at least C Plain
• Must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine
• Must be Registered with the Clinical council and possess a valid practicing license
• Clinical Officer should be trained in ART Adherence counselling, have skills and knowledge in counselling in the context of HIV/AIDS.
• At least one year experience in HIV clinical care including anti-retroviral.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be a team player, motivator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have the ability to multitask, resolve problems and be very flexible
• Those with computer skills will have an added advantage
• Must have interest in working in innovative and demanding rural facilities
• Must be able to carry out his/her duties professionally and show respect to all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• ART readiness assessment and respond to any barriers to treatment as appropriate at the time of enrolment
• Ensure prompt patient treatment monitoring in line with the clinical standards and national guidelines.
• Ensure follow up and retention of Mother- Baby pairs in PMCT settings for 24 months.
• Ensure quality TB screening, diagnosis and treatment in all entry points.
• Ensure complete documentation in the relevant registers and tools.
• Lead and/or participate in quality improvement activities at facility level.
• Counsel clients on HIV/AIDS and various treatment/prevention on offer. Maintain client confidentiality at all times
• Maintain good relationship with the community, the rest of the clinical team and the other departments in the facility
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100