Open From : Feb 18th, 2021 00:00 | Close Date : Mar 4th, 2021 00:00
Job Type: Careers | Job Function : Human Resource Officers
Reports To: Human Resource and Administration Director
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the company has in place policies that provide for equal opportunities for all genders in areas of recruitment, training, promotions, remuneration, participation in committees, travel etc without any discrimination.
- Develop affirmative action plans that ensures KenGen is a leading public institution is fulling Kenya’s constitutional requirement in matter of gender representation.
- c) Ensure the company has policies that create an enabling working environment for all genders taking care of special needs of any particular group
- d) Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that promote gender affairs in the Company
- e) Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for measuring the success and effectiveness of gender initiatives and compliance levels with statutory requirements on gender affairs in the company
- f) Prepare periodic management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) on gender affairs
- g) Collect data and maintain database on various matters of interest on gender affairs companywide
- h) Source external financing for Gender activities and programmes
- i) Establish and maintain partnerships with governmental agencies on gender affairs, NGOs and other organizations that promote gender affairs
- j) Offer advice to management on gender affairs
- k) Perform any other duties allocated by Management from time to time.
Occasional Duties: Required to be carried out in the position on an infrequent/occasional basis.
Liaise with key company, national and internationals stakeholders, partners and donors to facilitate and enhance contribution towards the implementation of the gender equality agenda.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology or other related disciplines.
- Membership to a relevant professional body
Related Job Experience:
- At least ten (10) years relevant working experience five (5) of which MUST be in a similar role in a reputable organization.
- Practical experience in writing business plans for gender mainstreaming
- Practical experience in writing proposals and report writing.
Additional job Requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills with proficiency in MS Word, MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills