About Mount Kenya University
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a Chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The University student population consists of privately and Government sponsored students. It has a dynamic, comprehensive and high quality academic and vocational training system. The University has linkages with similar and reputable institutions.
MKU has its main campus in Thika and other campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru. Its Open Distance and Electronic Learning (ODeL) centres are located in major towns in Kenya and in Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda. It has established Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences - an accredited TVET institution offering courses in the field of Health Sciences in Kitale. The University also operates MKU Kigali, a cross-border campus based in the Republic of Rwanda.
Detailed vacancy information
- SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (RECRUITMENT & DEVELOPMENT)
- Be actively involved in the recruitment activities by preparing job descriptions, job advertisements, managing the recruitment database, recruitment and hiring process.
- Effectively conduct placement ensuring that new employees have complied with and submitted all the requirements for onboarding.
- Conduct background checks and authentication of certificates to facilitate decision making during confirmation.
- Preparation of employment contracts for Fulltime staff, Associate faculty, Adjunct Faculty and External Examiners letters or any other category of staff as approved by the University Management or Senate.
- Provide feedback to interviewed candidates upon conclusion of the selection exercise.
- Initiate the performance evaluation process for staff whose contracts are due for renewal for consideration of respective recommendations by the University Management Board.
- Preparation of contracts that have been approved by the University’s Management Board.
- Develop and review training evaluation instruments and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, including instructors, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with the instructors and develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Schedule participants into training sessions and follow-up to submission of training reports.
- Maintain staff training records and a skills inventory for the University.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent from a recognized University.
- 5 years’ experience at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
Skills and Core Competences:
- Possess effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills, as well as logical and sound decision making ability;
- Possess human resource management knowledge and expertise;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Successful candidates shall be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Mount Kenya University terms and conditions of service.
Applications Requirements /Procedure
- Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence through the email address below attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) that clearly indicates the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only email (softcopy) applications sent to email@example.com on or before 14th August 2020 will be considered for evaluation.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.