DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
4. Superintendent I (Buildings), Job Group K (2 Posts)
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have:
• Served in the grade of Senior Inspector (Buildings) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public/Private Sector for at least three (3) years;
• A Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering or Construction Technician Certificate Part III or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Ability to employ computer knowledge and skills in work assignments; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reading and interpreting Architectural and Engineering drawings and comparing their details with work on site;
• Compiling weekly site reports;
• Assisting in planning a building Programme for a group of buildings;
• Ensuring that construction work in progress is in accordance with specifications;
• Taking details of provisional items.
• Supervision of artisans carrying out repairs and alteration of existing buildings; and
• Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300