Diploma or equivalent Preferred Qualification(s)
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Reporting to: Directly report to the Regional Fundraising Coordinator
Location: KENYA, Monday-Friday:- 9am-5pm
ABOUT GREENPEACE AFRICA
Greenpeace Africa was founded in 2008 and is part of the Greenpeace global network that has recently celebrated 50 years of climate activism across the world. Greenpeace was founded in 1971 by a small group of concerned individuals, who set sail to Amchitka Island off the coast of Alaska to try and stop a US nuclear weapons test. Their old fishing boat was called “The Greenpeace”. Today, Greenpeace is present in over 40 countries around the world. Greenpeace Africa currently operates in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal, and South Africa with a focus on addressing climate change and protecting biodiversity, through campaigns promoting sustainable fishing, protecting the Congo Basin forests and its communities, ending fossil fuel and promoting a just transition to renewable energy.
Greenpeace Africa’s vision is embedded in collective activism powered by the energy of millions of Africans to shape better legal, political and economic systems in ways that position Africa as a world leader and a source of untapped wisdom. In this glorious new era, Africa’s people, its communities, regional bodies, education institutions, and progressive businesses are working together to create new approaches to build a better future for all of Africa’s people. Africa is influential and a source of inspiration to the world - a self-reliant and dynamic people.
Greenpeace Africa commits to walking the talk by embedding African consciousness internally - within Africa and our global role. This is fundamental and will underpin the success of our 2022-2025 strategy and the program of work in the continent, the spaces we choose to engage and show up, and the organisation's visibility.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To play a crucial role in maintaining positive relationships with an organisation's supporters. The Supporter Services Agent will be responsible for ensuring supporter satisfaction, addressing their inquiries, and managing their interactions to enhance their overall experience with the organisation. This role requires strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a genuine passion for customer service.
The role of the Supporter Services Agent is to enhance donor experience and ensure that they develop a detailed understanding of environmental issues that Greenpeace Africa is campaigning, an understanding of Greenpeace values, missions and objectives. This includes attending to donor queries effectively and efficiently from all of our platforms
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
● Interact with supporters through various channels, such as emails, phone calls, to conduct onboarding and reinstatement activities.
● Provide timely and personalised responses to inquiries, requests, and feedback from supporters.
● Foster a positive and supportive environment to build lasting relationships with supporters.
● Weekly targets on the value of Reinstatements, Validation of accounts & Lead conversion are met in line with ODP
● Reduced donor cancelation by at least 25%
● Informed conversations with donors for a much higher success rate on all calling programmes
● At least 80% contact rate on all dialled data
● Address and resolve supporter concerns, complaints, or issues in a professional and empathetic manner.
● Collaborate with internal teams to find solutions and ensure that supporter concerns are effectively resolved.
● Implement strategies to retain and increase supporter loyalty by engaging them in meaningful ways and demonstrating the value of their continued support.
● Collaborate with fundraising or marketing teams to develop retention campaigns and activities
Reactivation & Upgrade
● Reactivate & upgrade all the donors from the previous years.
● Fix up face to face appointments to convert once off donors to regular giving model.
● Familiarise yourself with donors transaction history on the database before any call attempt
● Update all records, as appropriate on the donor database
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Diploma or equivalent Preferred Qualification(s)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to empathize with supporters & concerns.
● Patience and resilience in handling challenging situations.
● Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record-keeping.
● Familiarity with customer service software, CRM systems, and online communication tools.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Prior experience in customer service, donor relations, or supporter engagement is a plus
CORE JOB COMPETENCIES
Ability to communicate complex ideas. 3
Ability to work within a team and cross functional teams. 3
Thought Leadership. 2
Industrial Relations skills and experience 1
Excellent verbal, reporting,written and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information across cultures. 3
A strong alignment with the Greenpeace principles and values. 4
Ability to handle difficult situations objectively fairly, confidentially and in a tactful way. 3
Excellent project management and coordination skills. 1
Excellent interpersonal and listening skills and ability to collaborate and form effective partnerships, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to culturally diverse environments. 3
Fluency in Written and spoken English. 4
Embrace and commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. You will make sure that organisation processes and policies embrace JEDIS principle. 3
Act with Empathy: Ability to identify and understand situations. 3
Demonstrate Stamina and Resilience: Dependable under pressure and strong despite adversity. Can deal with situations with a cool head. 3
Clear understanding of political, socioeconomic contexts of Africa and their implications. 2
Culture of experimentation, innovation, evaluation and learning. 2
Agile and effective leadership. 2
Digital skills and ease in using new technology 3
Strategic thinking, system thinker 3
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (5 E’S)
● Energy & Energize: Demonstrate a positive mindset and solutions-oriented attitude & Empower others
● Edge: Risk-taking &identify and master moments of leadership.
● Expertise: Demonstrate the ability to see a situation accurately with a broad set of perspectives and ability to see things as they might be.
● Execute: Role model for accountability and straightforwardness & act in a decisive manner
Greenpeace Africa is an equal opportunity organization committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic background
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.