You will ensure that Tupande clients receive the best quality products by carrying out inventory quality checks during reception.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
- You will manage 1 Assistant Warehouse Supervisor and report directly to the Regional Warehouse Coordinator.
- You will ensure that Tupande clients receive the best quality products by carrying out inventory quality checks during reception.
- You will liaise between Tupande and the external partners at the warehouse level, e.g. the NCPB, KEPHIS and the clients through the dukas.
- You will help the department to achieve the required indicators such as 24 hour receipt submission, keep inventory shrink below 0.1%
- You will ensure that there are enough and well trained support staff at the warehouse to execute Tupande mandate.
- Execute daily warehouse operational work and manage inventory in compliance with One Acre Fund policies and vision.
- Ensure quality control and policy compliance to all OAF Logistics processes in the warehouse.
- Improve the quality of relationships and interfaces between the Logistics team, other departments and other partners (e.g. NCPB depot management, KEPHIS representatives and other Government agencies).
- Identify the training gaps for the casual workforce and develop the relevant trainings based on identified needs.
- Support in ensuring quality control and policy compliance to all OAF Logistics processes in the warehouse.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Fluent in communication, both verbal and written.
- Inventory data management.
- Planning and managing priorities well
- Knowledge of G'suites i.e. excel, word
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Konza or Sagana, Kenya
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
14 March 2024
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.