JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SECURITY GUARD
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the security guard at Cornerstone will be charged with delivering on, among others, the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Ensuring Cornerstone property within and outside the boundaries is safe.
2. Inspect all incoming and outgoing staffs and record necessary information in the occurrence book.
3. Thoroughly inspect all vehicles coming and leaving Cornerstone and record all necessary details.
4. Inspect the vehicle “passes” and allow them to leave or deny them until proper documentation is produced.
5. Admit all visitors coming to Cornerstone and record any necessary information regarding the visitors.
6. Act upon and report any suspicious people visiting Cornerstone to the head of security department
7. Notify the head of security department of any suspicious and unattended bags, luggage,
8. Collect any lost items within the facility for safe keeping and liaise with the supervisor for tracking of owners.
9. Collect any unattended ladders, equipment’s ,tools and record the time and day were collected.
10. Report any faulty lights, locks, etc to the maintenance supervisor.
11. Switch on and off security fence as required.
12. Switch on and off all lights not in use, especially security lights as required.
13. Help in any emergencies like evacuations and risk management procedures.
14. Make proper handover verbally and in writing.
15. Apply and adhere to Cornerstone policies as required.
16. Keep time and discharge duties diligently and professionally.
Qualifications and Experience
a) Minimum of KCSE
b) Prior experience working as a guard will be an added advantage
c) A good communicator in English and Kiswahili
d) Any training in the field of security will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above, the candidate should show evidence of the following:
• Patience and the ability to remain calm in a crisis.
• Flexibility to adapt to new roles, tasks and situations.
• Self-drive and commitment to duty.
• High sense of alertness.
• Strong observation, analytical and listening skill.