Must have a bachelor’s degree international business relation or any related degree.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
This is an opportunity of a lifetime for the right candidate!
Ms Daniels is a high-profile business-woman who runs a small successful HR advisory firm in the UK and a property company in Kenya, is seeking to recruit an independent, hardworking and motivated virtual Executive Assistant. The company supports global brands to take active steps to dismantle systemic racism, particularly as it impacts on Black employees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administration matters for the Managing Director that involves both her professional and personal life within the UK and Kenya. The ideal candidate should have some previous experience and speak fluent English and ideally Kiswahili
(but this is not essential for the right candidate).
This role would suit someone who:
• Is trustworthy, doesn’t tell lies and is serious about doing a good job to a consistently high standard
• Appreciates having clarity around what is expected of them
• Enjoys managing multiple priorities, working within a fast-paced environment yet doesn’t mind working on their own or on a one-to-one basis virtually with the Managing Director
• Can take the initiative and doesn’t need to wait to be told what to do all the time
• Is self-disciplined and likes to achieve results
• A little bit introverted therefore doesn’t need to be surrounded by people all the time (and probably enjoys working quietly from home)
• Is self-confident and can use their initiative when a task is not clear or if there are unexpected challenges.
• Can critically evaluate when it is necessary to involve the Managing Director versus when to independently act on the information available
• Diary management (using Calendly/Outlook)
• Managing inboxes – categorising emails and actioning what you can – operating a zero email inbox policy
• Confirming logistic details for speaking engagements and client meetings
• Ensuring pre-read/travel information is made available before key meetings
• Filing of invoices (on SharePoint & Monday.com)
• Book national and international travel, accommodation and organizing visas for Managing Director and senior team
• Coordinating responses to all emails addressed to the MD – either replying to some on her behalf or liaising with her team to draft a response
• Creating documents
• Liaising with household staff/contractors
• Conduct desktop research on services, products
• Liaise with relevant individuals and external parties to arrange meetings, prepare agendas
• Liaising with UK and Kenyan lawyers, accountants, property developers as and when required
• Arrange local transportation when necessary in London/Nairobi/Mombasa when necessary
• Must have a bachelor’s degree international business relation or any related degree.
• Must have at least 4 years in a similar role.
• Must have excellent organization and planning skills.
• Must have discretion and confidentiality.
• Comfortable working in GMT-2 hours
• Strong computer skills with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
• Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including SharePoint
• Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced organization and interdependent effective delivery of results.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Capability to focus and take initiative to drive positive outcomes even when things are not clear by applying critical thinking and seeking timely guidance.
• High level of demonstrable planning, prioritization, and execution.
Location: Remote with quarterly 1-2-1 catchups with the Managing Director in Nairobi or Mombasa (dependent on your location)
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm (Kenyan time)
Must to okay with being self employed (therefore will need to submit timesheets and monthly invoices) and receiving a rolling two-year freelancer agreement.
Once they have passed 3 months settling in period, MD will pay for private health insurance for EA.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.