We are hiring a Field Assistant based in Kisumu with very good business skills to support the distributors of our eyecare products.
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Are you someone who likes “innovation”, “scaleups” and “challenging”? Well, we are looking for someone to join us in our as we grow our brand and impact globally.
Our purpose is to make basic eye care affordable and accessible to everyone.
Globally, 1 billion people need, yet cannot access, corrective eyeglasses; making it the largest unmet disability in the world. In Kenya, 7.5 million people need eyecare, yet only 1.6 million can visit an eyecare provider. This results in over 75% of cases of vision impairment being preventable. This is made worse as even low-quality glasses are expensive, costing more than KES 3,000.
This has a huge impact on
people’s lives. Vision is our most dominant sense. Without glasses it is
challenging to earn an income, learn or live a quality life. It also hinders
all development agendas governments and agencies may have. A student without glasses
is 3x more likely to fall behind! Simply wearing glasses improves incomes by
18%, means people do not rely on others for daily tasks - which reduces
exposure to financial theft and fraud.
Our solution is a revolutionary, award winning, design of eyeglasses frame and testing process that can be done without a vision care specialist. DOT Glasses distributors can provide eyeglasses for only KES 600 – 900 KES. The testing and assembly for each client is done instantly within 5 minutes. The glasses are sold through a diverse network of distribution partners in 6+ countries.
DOT Glasses is transitioning from start-up to scale up and looking for an experienced person to join our team and help guide our growth.
What we are looking for from you
As the Western Kenya Field Assistant you role will be to:
- Support the Western Kenya field officer to monitor, support and maintain customer relationships and execute marketing strategies.
- Engage distributor admin staff to collect data for monitoring and invoicing.
- Ensure distributors feel supported and maintain a healthy connection with DOT Glasses.
- Support distributors to improve their sales and set up more distribution points.
- Support the order process including processing orders and ensuring accurate, timely deliveries.
- Champion the DOT Glasses brand in all interactions with stakeholders internal and external.
- Stay informed about the features and benefits of DOT Glasses products to effectively communicate with customers and address their inquiries.
- Support the Field Officer to maintain and update the CRM tools.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing, sales and account management, operations and product development, to inform organizational strategies and achieve overall business objectives.
This job might be for you, if you:
- Are a person with a passion for supporting people and organisations to grow.
- Enjoy solving problems and finding solutions.
- Would like to revolutionise an industry and provide eyecare to those left out.
- Like to travel and meet amazing people!
- Are looking to develop and challenge yourself in a fast-growing scale up environment.
- Take the initiative and can work independently.
And, are someone who:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in B2B and B2C sales, account management, community mobilisation and commercial field operations
- Proven effective trainer
- Is great at working and maintaining relationships with people and organisations.
- Understanding of rural community cultures and challenges
- Stakeholder engagement/management at different levels
- Experience working in eye health e.g. OCO (desirable).
Does this sound like the job for you? Send us your CV and a one-page cover letter. Explain why you want to work for DOT Glasses and what makes you ideal for this role and DOT Glasses.
If this is not for you perhaps you know someone who this is perfect for. Please send them this job description. Thanks!
about DOT Glasses, find and follow us here: Website | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram
Deadline: 29th February 2024 (application review begins before the deadline)
Location: Kisumu Gross salary: 25-30,000 Kshs pm
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.