BrighterMonday brought together human resource professionals and experts in a forum themed ‘The Inaugural Disrupt to the HR Profession’, a first of its kind. This event took place on the 5th of May 2016 starting at 5.30 pm at the BrighterMonday Office in 14th Riverside Drive.
The event’s objective was to bring together human resource professionals together to discuss matters pertaining HR practices, and the best proven industry practice; with the aim of initiating an unconventional revolution in HR space.
Topics of discussion to be tackled by key-note speakers involved;
- Quality of hire and its implications in the organization
- Office culture with regards to the quality of hire
- Hire verification in relation to quality of hire
Quality of Hire and its Implications in an organization – Perminus Wainaina, Managing partner Corporate Staffing Services
- View recruitment as a sales process. You have to be attractive as a brand to attract top talent.
- Be clear on the job description of a role and the profile of your ideal candidate before commencing the recruitment process
- The average cost to hire costs a company approximately $4000 – Deloitte 2015. Minimize your costs by ensuring you hire quality talent.
- Stop the revolving door in your company by keeping the employees you hire. It is more expensive to hire and train than it is to retain.
- Previous experience and know-how of what is required for a certain role is key in selecting candidates
- Think of quality and long-term value of every hire with every recruitment exercise
Office Culture in regards to quality of hire – Sarah Richson, Global HR, Techno Brain Group
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”3814″ img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]Key points;
- Your culture as an organization will attract like-minded candidates. Work to create and maintain a healthy, progressive office culture
- Hire for attitude and mindset first, then train for aptitude. The right attitude will go further than raw skills and experience.
- Knowledge acquisition is not equal to knowledge application. It takes individual mindset and the right attitude to use acquired knowledge creatively and provide solutions
- Great organizations are about the people in them and their unique value propositions. Consider high individual potential in candidates, high performance is never enough.
- Impact sourcing – Changing one life has the potential to impact seven other lives in the challenged communities (Techno Brain Impact Sourcing)
- Emotional intelligence in candidates is steadily becoming a sort-out quality.
- As human resource professionals, we should position ourselves to innovate and be better in what we do. Human resource practices are revolutionizing to handle a fast-changing market space.
- The ‘H’ in human resource should always remind us that we should be humane in all our dealings
Hire verification in relation to quality of hire (The Value of Background CheKey points;
- Reasons for background checks range from elimination of CV fraud, establish the integrity and employability of a candidate, mitigate the risks of negligent hire and company reputation.
- Negligent hires is a risk whose repercussions range from legal penalization and risk of company reputation.
- Back ground checks should be done to all staff, including support staff e.g cleaners and temporary or casual staff.
- Background check entails: Resume verification, Identity checks, Criminal checks, Finance checks, Drivers check, and Medical examinations
- Background check is also conducted in informal platforms like social media to establish integrity and vales of a candidate
- Statistics show that 6% of police clearance reports are forged, 17% of academic credentials are inflated, 33% of driving licenses are invalid and 40% of candidates inflate their career history. This is why background check is of value.
Highlights (Photos) of the HR Event:
Launch of the BrighterMonday Forum
BrighterMonday launched the virtual platform that encourages all stakeholders in the job market (employers, HR professionals and job seekers) to discuss, air and give their opinions on issues affecting them. Join the discussion now and give your opinion.