Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives direct supervision from their Supervisor. Exercises no direct supervision of staff.
Incumbents at this level possess a general comprehensive understanding of business functions and professional activities and provide support to professional-level staff in the completion of their duties, in addition to completing complex administrative support assignments including taking and transcribing meeting minutes and assisting in department-related projects and programs.
Adequate performance at this level requires the knowledge of office procedures and the ability to choose among alternatives in solving problems.
• Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
• Provides administrative support to an assigned supervisor, manager, or department head in the daily management of operations.
• Prepares, types and/or processes various documents requiring professional knowledge of the business’s functions, which may include but are not limited to: meeting agendas and minutes, correspondence, periodic reports, contracts, agreements, legal, official and/or confidential documents, proposal documents, charts, graphs, etc.
• Maintains accurate and detailed records, verifies accuracy of information, researches discrepancies, and records information.
• Verifies and reviews forms and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures. Applies business policies and procedures in determining completeness of records, reports, forms, documents and files
• Prepares, copies, collates, and distributes a variety of documents, including agendas, contracts, informational packets, and specifications. Ensures proper filing of files
• Organizes, coordinates, maintains, and updates business record systems. Enters and updates information with departmental activity, files, and report summaries. Retrieves information from systems as required.
• Perform various accounting / bookkeeping work, which includes verifying or computing financial data, preparing billing invoices, processing accounts payable / receivable, preparing financial reports and statements, maintaining and balancing accounts, preparing bank deposits, processing payroll, etc.
• Serves as meeting support including preparing agendas and informational packets, schedules the room, and taking and transcribing minutes for assigned boards, committees and commissions.
• May perform various duties associated with personnel administration, which may include establishing and maintaining confidential employee records, coordinating required pre-employment testing, conducting new employee orientation and processing related paperwork.
• Communicates with officials, staff, clients and agencies to obtain and relay information and to coordinate activities.
• Receives and responds to inquiries, in oral or written form concerning business operations.
• Performs other clerical / administrative work as required, which may include but is not limited to filing / retrieving files, reviewing and processing mail, faxing information, answering the telephone, scheduling appointments and meetings, maintaining calendars etc.
• Organizes, coordinates, and attends various meetings and training as required or appropriate.
• Assists in performance measures coordination.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Business policies and procedures.
• Laws and regulations governing professional and clerical operations of the business.
• Goals and purpose of the business.
• Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation.
• Methods of preparing and processing various records, forms and other documents.
• Standard office management and clerical practices and procedures.
• Record-keeping, report preparation and filing systems and methods.
• Financial record-keeping and budget preparation.
• Basic business arithmetic.
• Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
• English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
• Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with vendors, contractors, and staff.
• Learn, understand, interpret, analyze and apply all pertinent laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and standards.
• Perform difficult and complex para-professional statistical and functional work involving the use of considerable independent judgment
• Develop and implement objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
• Schedule and coordinate projects, set priorities, adapt to changing priorities, meet critical time deadlines.
• Gather and compile department / division-specific information from a variety of sources.
• Prepare, review and present reports, recommendations and other correspondence and communications in a clear and concise manner.
• Understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
• Maintain accurate records and files.
• Type accurately at speeds necessary for successful job performance.
• Compose correspondence and reports independently or from brief instructions.
• Maintain records and databases.
• Make accurate arithmetic computations.
• Perform work effectively despite frequent interruptions and the pressure of deadlines.
• Perform required mathematical computations accurately.
• Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
• Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
• Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines.
• Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• 3-5 years experience providing administrative support and calendar management for an executive, preferably multiple executives simultaneously
• Proficiency with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
• Ability to prioritize and multitask a high volume of tasks, problem solve and offer creative solutions Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to see the big picture
• Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and ownership to drive tasks and projects from start to finish
• Approaches their role with flexibility, maturity, and common sense – must be discreet and able to maintain confidential information
• Team-player who maintains a positive and calm demeanor under pressure
• Ability to work comfortably with people at all levels of the organization
• Belief that no contribution to the team is too big or too small
Education and Experience
• The ideal candidate must maintain a strong emphasis on organization, and an unwavering attention to detail while balancing fluctuating and competing priorities.
• Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
• Education background equivalent to 3 to 5 years of increasingly responsible office support experience in the field assigned.
• Undergraduate degree required
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 12 Kg.
Employee will work from either an assigned virtual office location or their own home at employers discretion. High speed internet is required. A computer, a phone and other required accessories and resources will be provided.
May be required to work flexibly outside of regular work hours.
Application and Selection Process
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your employment application.