Creative & Design
Help build amazing new game-based learning experiences for students around the world! CodeCombat’s new Computer Science program, CodeCombat Worlds, teaches kids how to code through exploring a 3D fantasy game world on the Roblox platform with their classmates, friends, and pets
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Help build amazing new game-based learning experiences for students around the world! CodeCombat’s new Computer Science program, CodeCombat Worlds, teaches kids how to code through exploring a 3D fantasy game world on the Roblox platform with their classmates, friends, and pets. As Art Director, you will be responsible for managing the art production process for CodeCombat Worlds, collaborating with internal game designers, learning designers, engineers, and an external game art studio to refine the game’s aesthetics and create exciting new content.
If you have significant art direction experience and are excited about realizing the potential of education through game-based learning, then we want to hear from you!
This is a 100% remote, part-time contract role. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply from around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a remote, outsourced art team by providing task descriptions, art prompts, and feedback
- Collaborate with a high-level, creative worldbuilding team, alongside experienced game designers and educators
- Establish/maintain visual style and asset functionality
- Collaborate with the design team to create new game locations, characters, and props that support the design and learning goals for new content
- Oversee and maintain the CodeCombat Worlds unique visual style from blue sky concept to in-game implementation
- Tell inclusive, visual stories that appeal to diverse audiences
- Field occasional in-game art asset requests for our 2D web game platforms that differ in look and feel (CodeCombat & Ozaria)
- Collaborate with engineering and game design to troubleshoot art asset UI/UX problems and pipeline bugs
- Help build future art teams for the company
Who You Are
- Success guiding an art team and collaborating with engineering and game design on long-term projects
- Strong communication and writing skills, documentation skills, ability to collaborate across time zones
- Experience shipping and maintaining live 3D games
- Experience using 3D modeling tools like Blender and 2D editing tools like Photoshop
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills
- Experience managing and giving feedback to outsourced teams and contractors
- Ability to translate story prompts and learning goals into game environments and characters
- Ability to guide UI/UX design to establish a consistent look and feel across the entire in-game experience
- Self-starter with a strong desire to take the initiative to improve the product
- Responsible, motivated, and flexible
Bonus Points (nice to have, but not required)
- Ability to create concept art for characters, creatures, environments, levels, etc.
- Experience with low-poly art direction
- Experience with art direction for the Roblox platform
- Experience with 2D & 2.5D engines and creating web assets
- UI/UX design experience: contribute to UI/UX iteration on new and existing features, design UI assets, and create implementation guides for engineers
- Passion for making education more engaging through game-based learning, or experience working on an educational game/application
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured