We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the finance department with day-to-day accounting duties as detailed below:
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Duties and Responsibilities Accounting
- Preparing and maintaining customer and sales records.
- Receiving and processing orders and payments from customers.
- Maintain accounts receivable, customer files, and generate plus analyze receivables list.
- In liaison with the Sales team, keep track of outstanding debts to achieve collection targets and ensure positive cash flow and maintain debtors’ book to ensure that debt status is accurate and up to date.
- Submitting a monthly sales report in time for decision-making; preparing, analyzing, and reporting on weekly, monthly, and quarterly gross margin analysis by brand, customer type, region, and any other requirement by management.
- Managing petty cash, and conducting daily banking activities.
- Maintaining an up-to-date billing system to generate and send out invoices.
- Organizing bank reconciliations for office accounts and ensuring company bank accounts are funded for payments.
- Assist in the preparation of account statements and financial reports, audit exercises, and any other financial function as assigned.
- Assist in Compiling stock records and information to keep a proper record of finished goods inventory.
- Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents for payments. Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Experience, Skills & Competencies The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
Must be a Lady aged between 28-35yrs
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in a very busy environment and specific Manufacturing Industry
- Experience in accounting and reporting functions, financial management, and administration.
- Excellent report writing and presentation Skills,
- Good negotiation skills, sound judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Financial analytical and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional experience with Excel and accounting packages such as QuickBooks and Sage.
- CPA Part 2 • A Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
Location: Thika, Kiambu County
1. The successful candidate must be located near or within Thika Precincts
2. The candidate upon passing the interview must be prepared to start the work immediately
Negotiable Between 60,000 -80,000
Benefits like Airtime, Overtime, and Annual Bonus Provided
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.