We are a construction company working across Kenya on both residential and commercial development projects, looking for a senior clerk of works or an assistant project manager to assist in managing and coordinating our projects.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
• Undertake detail planning of the construction projects, summarise daily progress and report accordingly to senior management.
• Carefully examine the designs and specifications. He or she will review the specifications and drawings for mistakes and inconsistencies before reporting their findings to their manager.
• Perform thorough inspection of the materials that will be used in the site (Detailed inspections on each of the materials used at the site will be done as the training continues).
• Conduct a comprehensive inspection of the site; Good and acceptable craftsman depends on a skilled labor force, a qualified and experienced site agent, and competent foremen. He or she should be able to spot materials and workmanship that don't meet the requirements of the contract.
• The Contract's mandatory tests should be seen by the Clerk of Works and a schedule maintained for all projects.
• The manager should be informed on the non conforming works by the clerk of works as well as problems arising and the decisions that are required.
• The clerk of works should confirm oral directions to the contractor in writing with a copy to their manager.
• Carrying out quality and cost control and standards for all construction projects.
• Working closely with the bid/proposal team and with the project implementation team/engineering team when the project becomes live.
• Verifying and validating of projects costing.
• Preparing, managing and monitoring the sectional budgets.
• Valuing completed works.
• Formulating, implementing and reviewing policy on procurement procedures, financial and contract administration of building construction and maintenance contracts.
• Allocating work to subcontractors.
• Conduct cost analysis and Cost planning from already completed projects and undertaking cost.
- Minimum of Diploma in Structural and Civil Engineering, or a related field
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred or membership of Institute of Clerks of Works Kenya.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle and progress project reporting.
- Excellent analytical skills & Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured