Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Good clinical skills - history taking, physical examination, ordering appropriate laboratory investigations and make appropriate diagnosis. Clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients.
• Prior to referral (admission, consultant reviews, etc.), should first consult the resident Medical Officer.
• Properly cover weekends, arrange a rotation schedule with fellow clinical officers.
• Attend and participate in the daily morning facility handover meetings.
• Compile and submit all reports required.
• Training of staff on scheme rules.
• Lead the department in development, implementation and review of Standard Operating Procedures for the assigned department aimed at providing safe and quality healthcare to patients.
• Provide counselling and psychological support to the patient and relatives.
• Mentor and coach team leaders to ensure smooth running of the department at all times and succession planning.
• Attend departmental meetings to build teamwork, communicate, identify problems and agree on solutions, evaluate departmental performance etc.
• Monitor adherence to the standardized hazardous and other waste disposal techniques.
• Actively participate in projects of quality healthcare such as CME’s, health talks, rational prescription audits, mortality audits, medical camps.
• Lead the Department to achieve local and international quality management standards.
• Ensure you work with consultants to provide specialized care to clients.
• Manage medical emergencies. Ensure emergency medical preparedness as the emergency team leader and ensure emergency drills are performed.
• Perform minor surgeries where applicable.
• Properly document treatment on e-clinic and patients files. Reassess and follow up of patients.
• Conduct mortality audits for all deaths occurring in the facility together with other staff working in the unit and share the reports with the RMM on a monthly basis
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• MUST BE Post graduate in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
• Registered with clinical officer’s council with Valid Practicing License.
• Minimum 2 years working experience working in health set up.
• Proven leadership, communication, interpersonal, decision making skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili).
Send your updated CV on or before Friday 30TH SEPTEMBER 2020 at 5pm. Please note that only the candidates who meet the eligible criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.