Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Sociology, Sport Sciences or relevant subject
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Reporting to: The CEO
Type of Employment: Permanent
Brief on Client
Our client is in the sports industry dealing with retail of sports-related products.
The role requires an individual that is passionate about driving positive change in the dynamic world of retail sports products and leading their social and sustainability initiatives. As a CSR and Sustainability Leader, you will play a pivotal role in driving our commitment to social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
1. Develop and Implement Sustainability Strategies:
● Assess the current company's influence on social and environmental aspects.
● Formulate and execute comprehensive sustainability strategies aligned with corporate values and best practices.
● Identify and implement initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our operations and products, e.g. mode of delivery to our customers, use of plastic, waste disposal, etc.
2. Develop alternative Business Models with lower environmental impact, aligned with corporate purpose
● Implement, test and scale the alternative business models adapted to the local market.
● Work hand-in-hand with other environmental impact leaders within the organization.
3. Social Impact Programs:
● Design and oversee social impact programs that positively contribute to the communities we serve.
● Collaborate with internal teams to integrate social responsibility into business practices.
4. Monitoring and Reporting:
● Establish and maintain metrics to assess the impact of sustainability initiatives.
● Prepare regular reports on progress, ensuring transparency and accountability.
● Interact with sports users/customers on a weekly basis to harness feedback on the products and services, and recommend improvements.
5. Education and Engagement:
Foster a culture of environmental and social responsibility within the organization.
● Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, customers, and community partners, to foster collaboration and shared sustainability goals.
● Represent the company in relevant industry forums and initiatives.
6. Compliance and Regulations:
● Stay abreast of evolving sustainability regulations and ensure company compliance.
● Advise leadership on emerging trends and opportunities in the sustainability landscape.
● Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Sociology, Sport Sciences or relevant subject
● Must be passionate about sports through directly supporting or directly participating in sports activities in the country.
● At least 5 years experience in sustainability, corporate social responsibility, or related fields, with a track record of successful program management and stakeholder engagement.
● Previous experience in Sports retail and/or environment sustainability.
● Strong knowledge and understanding of environment compliance and/or laws in Kenya.
● Strong understanding of sustainability principles, including environmental stewardship, social equity, and economic viability.
● Proven leadership abilities, including the ability to inspire and motivate teams, drive change, and foster a culture of sustainability.
● Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and execute long-term plans while managing day-to-day operations.
● Passion for making a positive difference in the world and a commitment to advancing sustainability and social responsibility.
● Must demonstrate good data analytical skills with attention to detail.
This is an equal opportunity employer. Ladies & people abled differently encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.