DEPARTMENT OF GENDER, CULTURE YOUTH AND SPORTS
3. Disability Officer – Job Group H (1 Post)
Duties and responsibilities
• Conduct registration of persons with disabilities.
• Working closely with the national council of persons with disability for implementation of the County’s Disability Act and other relevant legislations.
• Facilitate registration of companies and businesses of persons with disabilities under AGPO and provide them with LPO Financing under AGPO.
• Facilitate Training of economic empowerment beneficiary groups on entrepreneurship
• Assisting the local communities and self-help groups to identify viable projects, advise and report on the progress
• Conflict resolutions among group members disaggregate data on gender, disability, gender, disability, age etc
• Participate in community mobilization and sensitization on programmes of the Council
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
• Diploma in social science and its equivalent.
• Those with a Bachelor’s degree will have an added advantage.
• Minimum 2 years working experience
• Experience in working in the Disability Sector or a similar sector;
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300