We’re hiring a Head of Operations, Uganda. Based in Kampala, Uganda.
WATU is revolutionising the way mass market transportation is financed in Africa, with a customer-centric focus that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorbikes and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Our business is growing rapidly, and with more than 8,000 customers in Uganda, we are looking for an experienced Head of Operations, to help with our continued growth plans.
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, Uganda, the successful candidate will be overseeing the organisation’s operations and procedures whilst establishing new policies that promotes great company culture and vision amongst our ever-growing team of 100 people.
Who you are & your responsibilities:
● Able to see the big picture vision, but not scared to get your hands dirty to develop and implement new processes while optimising current ones.
● Monitor daily operations to ensure a free flow process, and also supervise the execution of daily tasks
● Experience building businesses in rapidly changing international and emerging markets.
● Track record in managing and growing large teams with the utmost level of respect and integrity.
● Create a strong workforce by developing competent individuals in the operations team
● Excellent communicator in English, both written and verbal, but more important is your ability to understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
● You will lead from the front and will walk on fire to get things done, no matter how challenging.
● Ability to manage and control the execution of processes cross-functionally with multiple departments.
● Obsessed with unpacking reports and using data and numbers to drive decision-making.
● Understanding every process of the business like the back of your hand is what keeps you excited and makes you jump out of bed!
● Seeing your team hit their challenging yet achievable KPIs that you set is what excites you.
● Although an MBA, background in banking or finance with emerging markets is nice to have, we are more interested in your overall experience and cultural fit within our team.
What we offer:
• Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
• Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
• Competitive compensation package
• Health benefits
Do you see yourself being part of the WATU team? Then please apply with your CV and a cover letter, we are looking forward to working with you!