Reports to: Chief of Sales
TakaTaka Solutions is a waste management and recycling company. We are engaged in waste collection, material recovery, composting and recycling. We recycle 95% of the waste we collect. We are the largest waste management company in Kenya and have over 420 staff. We are an end-to-end waste management company where we collect, sort, and recycle over 60 tons of waste per day in Nairobi and Kiambu County.
Summary of Role
TakaTaka Solutions is looking to recruit passionate sales manager to expand our services in Mombasa. This person would be selling TakaTaka Solutions’ services in Mombasa to residential, commercial, and industrial clients.
The candidate will report to the Head of Sales and will be expected to spend the majority of time in the field.
Training will be conducted in NAIROBI for six months full time.
• Coordinating a team to collect data on services and prices of existing service providers.
• Coordinate a team and input data oneself when necessarily into the CRM tracking system.
• Manage all inbound calls that are received in Mombasa - ensure all calls are answered and responded in a timely manner.
• Manage all market activation activities - including making sales/marketing collateral, holding marketing events,
• Manage day-to-day activities of the sales executives, provide training, coaching, and supervision on a regular basis.
• Direct selling of waste collection services to residential, commercial properties, and industrial prospects.
• The ability to navigate the decision making process and set up meetings with key decision makers within the client’s company. This includes the owner, the board, procurement officer, property managers, and/or environmental & safety officer.
• Navigating the sales process, to discern who the decision-making process is for the prospect
• Building of leads with caretakers, real estate managers, owners, the board, procurement officers, and others.
• Advise with the prospect to give recommendations on best ways to handle waste, providing consultative selling services to the client
• Proactively help customer by answering questions and responding to their request
• Send appropriate information and technical reports to the clients on a timely manner
• Close contracts, manage existing clients, to ensure contracts get renew or renegotiate terms
• Daily and weekly reporting to the Chief Sales Officer
• Manage leads tracking, online database, and scheduling
• Prepare client specific questions before a site visit, ensuring visits are taken place on the day of the collection or as close to the day of collection as possible
• Follow up with newly signed commercial clients to ensure service quality
Qualifications and Skills
• At least 5 years’ work experience in sales with high performance
• Previous experience in solution selling of complex products or services (as opposed to selling of physical products like FMCG). Example segments include: facility management, security, IT.
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree
• Highly analytical and systematic approach to sales
• Fluent in English and Swahili Competent in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint,
Attributes We Look for:
• Excellent communicator
• Collaborative and thrive in a team environment where ideas build on one another
• Excited by and open to new ideas and new way of doing things
• Creative and contribute new ideas and ways of improving the team
• High preparedness and ability to be adaptable without complaining
• When problem arise, see the possibilities rather than blocks
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work in multicultural environment
• High level of empathy and patience
• Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic
• High regard for time management
• Willingness to take additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role
• A high level of commitment to TakaTaka Solutions’ value and objectives
• A highly responsible approach to all tasks
If you meet the above requirements and you are passionate, eager to learn and thrive in excellence, we are looking for you! All applications to be made via "Apply Now Button" with the subject title "Mombasa Sales Manager".
Strong Network in Mombasa business community is an added advantage