Job Location: Nairobi with Travel
Duration: Full-time job
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a warm, creative, and thoughtful caregiver for our four month old. We want a caregiver who will help her develop new skills, challenge her imagination, prepare nutritious meals, and help keep the house in order. We are seeking a caring individual with experience working with young children. This is a full time role which will require some travel.
Early Learning and Development
● Design, plan, and oversee enriching and engaging activities
● Work closely with the child and family to identify learning opportunities
● Help set up and maintain a stimulating learning environment
● Promote positive, thoughtful, and respectful behavior
● Maintain a safe and clean environment, overseeing the safety and well being of the child
● Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks
● Ensure the child is properly dressed and stays reasonably clean throughout the day
● Make sure the child gets appropriate rest (nap) during the day
● Perform simple first aid, if needed
● Develop and maintain reasonable house rules
● Make sure the house stay clean and in order
● Shopping for food and basic household necessities
● Maintain regular and open communication with the family
Note: Additional duties might be assigned over time on an as needed basis
Education and Experience:
● Prior experience working directly with young children required.
● Degree, diploma, or certificate in Early Childhood Development is welcome, but not required.
Other Skills and Characteristics:
● Passion for working with young children
● Experience and competency in the kitchen highly desirable, but not essential
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Must speak English
● Caring, honest and understanding personality
Preferred Start Date - January 2021
Location - this role will be based in Kakamega for the first 6-8 months of the year and then transition to Nairobi.