Reporting to the Executive Chef the successful candidate will be responsible to;
• Oversee the Pastry Section of the F&B Kitchen department by demonstrating strong leadership qualities and attention to detail.
• Accountable for the quality and consistency of all pastry products including their presentation.
• Develop standardised and accurate recipes for all menu items updating them continuously.
• Ensure that all pastry and Bakery food products prepared meet the established specifications and standards.
• Ensure proper levels of bakery and pastry items are prepared based on forecasted needs and their prompt delivery to the designated outlet /functions.
• Assign tasks effectively for the efficient use of allocated labour.
• Act as a team leader, trainer and motivator for the pastry and Bakery section working closely with and maintaining good relations with all culinary team members and other departments.
• Seek to maintain knowledge of industry modern trends in the world of pastry and baking.
The position is challenging and calls for a dynamic, confident, aggressive and forward thinking person with the following attributes;
• Aged 25 – 45 years
• Be holders of a Diploma or Degree in Pastry and Bakery an internationally recognised hotel training institution.
• Have a ‘hands on’ approach to all pastry and bakery production to be able to lead from the front to ensure quality, presentation and consistency according to hotel standards
• Have at least five (5) years experience in a similar position in a large organisation, specialising in making cakes, pastry products, bread and general baking.
• Fully competent in all aspects of baking and pastry.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environments with time constraints.
• Ability to work in tight production schedules and set quotas for number of items to be produced on a daily basis.
• Innately creative and self motivated.
• Sound knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the Kitchen and possess discipline to enforce those standards.
• Be Computer literate.