The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Kiswahili Commission.
PRINCIPAL CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary (Projects and Programs)
Duty Station: East African Kiswahili Commission Secretariat Headquarters, Zanzibar, URT
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing quality assurance processes, through harmonization of Kiswahili education Programmes, curricula and certification, in order to ensure that teaching and research in the Kiswahili achieve and maintain acceptable standards
- In collaboration with Partner States, reviewing and harmonizing Kiswahili curricula to keep abreast with new linguistics and literary developments
- Assisting Partner States to offer quality education for the production of Kiswahili teachers and communicators in all sectors of society
- Assisting Partner States with specific needs in the development of Kiswahili language
- Assisting members with their respective personal development and management of Kiswahili institutions and use of resources
- Assisting governments and other stakeholders with the development of strategies for adequate investment in the promotion of Kiswahili in the Community and beyond
- Facilitating the development of regional Kiswahili policies for the exchange of staff and students in Kiswahili Institutions and monitor the effectiveness of such policies
- Identifying Kiswahili training needs including curriculum review, teaching methods, development of instructional materials and research
- Undertaking relevant studies to facilitate policy development in the specific sectors of the Commission
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
A Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized University
- At least ten (10) years of experience, of which five (5) should be at Senior Level in a relevant field;
- Experience in Training, Curriculum and Policy Development;
- Experience in Program Planning, Implementation, Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation
Skills and Competencies:
Strong administrative and organizational skills, excellent writing and communication skills in Kiswahili and English and ability to work in a multi-cultural/diverse environment
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (3) years renewable once.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form via the following link: https://www.eac.int/component/documentmananger/?task=download.document&file=bWFpbl9kb2N1bWVudHNfZG9jX2VHY2JrbGlqR0xQZnhDWGxYcHZjVkRNRUFDIEFQUExJQ0FUSU9OIEZPUk0=&counter=686.
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; copy to: email@example.com Website : www.eac.int