Process Operator - Athi River
Engineering & Technology
Oversee and manage the full production process. To monitor equipment, and ensure the quality, efficiency, and safety of the equipment.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Job Code (Ref): PO
1. REPORTING STRUCTURE
You will report to the production supervisor and overall to the factory lead.
2. THE PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION ARE TO:
• Oversee and manage the full production process.
• To monitor equipment, and ensure the quality, efficiency, and safety of the equipment.
• You will be responsible for the safe operation, basic maintenance, and troubleshooting of the facility’s equipment and instruments.
• You will work as part of a team and provide leadership.
3. IN CARRYING OUT THESE TASKS YOU SHALL FOCUS ON AND PROVIDE INPUT TO:
3.1 Monitor Equipment:
• Monitor and adjust equipment and process parameters to ensure efficient equipment utilization.
• Conduct continuous inspections of all key process points in the facility, to identify equipment malfunction and escalate to the supervisor or the factory lead.
• If an issue is identified, make necessary machinery and equipment adjustments together with the supervisor.
• Ensure that you follow standard operating procedures at all times while on duty and assist management to improve processes, quality, and safety within the company.
3.2 Targets and quality:
• Ensure targets are achieved, yield, and throughput.
• Ensure that the products being produced under your supervision meet all specifications.
3.3 People Management: Work Closely with and Support the helpers:
• Coordinate production startups/shutdowns with the supervisors and factory lead.
• Maintain all housekeeping standards for all equipment, as well as the areas in which you operate.
• Manage, coach, and develop those assigned to work as helpers to yield a high-performing team that meets set targets.
• Ensure compliance with all safety rules and standards at all times in the process.
3.4 Record Keeping; Other Documentation:
• Accurately complete all relevant paperwork on time and systematically.
• Maintain detailed reports of the operations.
• Update process logbooks with activities and process adjustments made, noting any issues encountered and measures taken.
3.6 Ensure that the manufacturing process is carried out in compliance with:
• All relevant Statutory Safety Regulations,
• Company Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
3.7 When required, perform any other duty that may be reasonably requested.
4. KPIs - YOUR PERFORMANCE SHALL BE MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Throughput 30%
• Time is taken to complete a task 30%
• Production uptime 25%
• Quality of work done 15%
5. INABILITY TO CARRY OUT THESE ROLES
Should any development arise that precludes you from carrying out these duties effectively, or that will prevent production/fire and safety targets/procedures from being met, immediately inform your supervisor.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured