ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managers will directly manage, support their team to develop, implement and deliver on complex pieces of work within their remit. Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual which is reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRASs):
1. Project Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
2. Managing Project Teams, Stakeholder, Communication and reporting
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify Training requirement and tracking development needs of team members.
- Designing Conduct internal trainings as per plan to enhance the competency levels of the team members as per the competency matrix.
- Tracking of Trainings for Team members
3. Managing the project risk
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitment requests if necessary during project cycle.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
4. Managing the project schedule and Budget
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
5. Managing the project conflicts
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
6. Managing the project delivery
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- 100% Successful completion of projects within the set constraints of schedule & budget
- 0% deviation in planned estimations
- 100% Adherence to the set policies and procedures
- 100% Client satisfaction
- 100% Teamwork and cohesion within the project team.
- 100% tracking and closure of issues
- 100% creation and Maintenance of Quality records
- 100% Timesheet compliance within team in terms of accurate usage
- 100% PMO Reporting compliance
- 100% Scrum team meetings
- Performance Management: Evidence of no. of performance conversations per week/month with individuals in team
- Succession Planning: % of high potential individuals identified for succession planning in team
- Behavioral Role Model: % of cases, warnings or issues arising from the team members
- Engagement: % of team-building activities and positive feedback received during HR Connect
- Demonstrating Values
- Percentage Revenue Growth
- Percentage Market Penetration
- Delivery Quality
- Strategic Alignment
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification;
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Minimum of Seven (7) years’ relevant experience with minimum two (2) years in a public sector project
- Public Finance Management domain will be added advantage
- Prior experience in project management or the related area
- PMP Certification
- Must have hands-on experience in requirement gathering & onsite co-ordination
- Strong knowledge & prior experience in software development under ERP for Public Finance
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle Databases, LAN WAN designs and implementation is a plus
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Decision making.
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Business/Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows.
- Strategic management skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Flexibility and adaptability to change and ambiguity
- Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working skills & diplomacy
- Excellent Management and leadership skills
- Excellent Communication skills Proven willingness to develop others potential within their teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High Emotional Intelligence and enthusiasm needed to motivate a team to performance
- Work experience in fast-growth environment.
Agile and resilient and shows interest in
continuous personal development