Your new role:
Based in Nairobi this person will be involved in all aspects of the proposal writing process ensuring that PQQs and Tender submissions are prepared to the highest standards. Therefore, you will be expected to assist in the review, preparation and delivery of tenders to prospective clients and internally to Senior Management. The successful candidate will be a highly organised individual who can demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team as you will be expected to collaborate with other teams within the business.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Reading complex text to understand the requirement
• Writing and developing long tender proposals for a variety of prospective clients
• Generate compelling written proposal content where appropriate
• Seeking continual improvement in tender responses and developing a robust easy to refer to tender library.
• Interpret Invitation to Tender documentation to establish the scope of work, schedule and the composition.
• Draft tender responses, including answering tender questions and working with internal stakeholders, to generate project specific content.
• Proven track record in writing proposals/tenders/reports
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, pressurized environment
• Ability to demonstrate fantastic attention to detail
• IT literate and highly proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
• High Level of Reading Comprehension
• Several years’ experience working in Proposal Writing or a similar role
• Strong bid writing experience (5-10 Years)
• A strong methodical and analytical approach to work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage several tenders and one time and work closely to deadlines