As school chef , you will be responsible for managing daily kitchen activities, including supervising kitchen staff members, overseeing, ensuring food quality and freshness, and maintaining kitchen safety and hygiene.
- Minimum Qualification: Certificate
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
• Diploma or certificate in Food and Beverage Management.
• 2-3 years of experience working in a busy kitchen is A MUST
• Food Safety Knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Able to work well and meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision
• Prompt Problem-solving personality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• preparation and cooking of food for students in a timely manner (bulk food preparation)
• Make sure that all food leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, and presentation
• Maintains an orderly, sanitary, and safe kitchen.
• Maintaining kitchen operations to the highest standard and quality. Communicates with the management team regularly regarding kitchen operations, and reports problems promptly
• Participating in any training offered to the kitchen staff. Ensures that regular on-the-job practical cooking training is carried out, to improve staff performance and productivity
• Ensure that students with allergies listed in the kitchen and identified in their respective classes, are served with substituted meal options.
• Assures the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identifies equipment needs for food preparation and service and informs management of the same.
• Maintains records of kitchen equipment, supplies, and inventory
• Assist in preparation of Food budgets in accordance to school menus and timely requisition of food stuff
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.